There are a lot of things to consider about our business goals as we start a new year. Past challenges, new goals, what new tools to implement, what we will invest in…many uncertainties and some risky unknowns.
Now is the time to become grounded in who and what we are about-regardless of what happens to us and our business.
Step 1: What is your heart telling you?
- This is feeling based, no logic in this one yet but it comes later.
- Get clear on the direction your heart is telling you to go.
- You can do this by comparing levels of excitement. The more excited you feel
the more in alignment you are with your desire.
Step 2: Are you ready to stretch yourself?
- This also feeling based.
- Here you get in touch with the fear factor.
- The more scary it feels, the more outside of your comfort zone you will be. But stretching yourself too much is not good for you.
- Find the balance of fear and excitement that feels right to you.
- Keep the logic out right now and just focus on how the direction feels for you.
Step 3: Have you really made the decision to commit to your goals?
- This step is extremely important to determine if you will really go for where your heart is telling you to go.
- Reflect on what you are really “up to” in your life.
- Is it seriously stepping into your greatness?
- It is living safely and comfortably within your means?
- Is it going after the unknown no matter what the outcome?
- Make a decision about what you will commit to for the next 365 days and go in that direction.
Stage 4: Is it specific and measurable?
- Here is where you bring in logic
- The importance of making it specific and measurable is so your mind can go to work on how to make it happen.
- Don’t worry if you are not clear on how it will go.
- The “how” will resolve itself once you are clear on your commitment to “the what” and “by when”.
Step 5: Is there a fun factor?
- Without fun you will have a much more difficult time achieving what you want.
- Most people drop their goals within a short period of time without a fun factor.
- Focus on how you will do this while having a blast.
- The fun factor becomes easier to figure out the more your actions are aligned with what you heart is telling you and where your heart is telling you to go.
Step 6: Use Your Support Mechanism!
Whenever you are going after something outside your comfort zone, external support is crucial. If it is a goal you have wanted for some time and have not achieved before, this is a big one for you.
With external support you will be 100 times more likely to achieve it…
Once you have your clarity, stretch, commitment, focus, fun factor and support all worked out and in place, then you are ready to hit the ground running for ’21.
And the cool thing about doing this is the more you put into this process, the more excited you will feel about your ’21.
Here is my challenge to you:
Find a quiet place outside your normal surroundings to contemplate these six steps for clarity on how 2021 is going to go for you. Make sure you will not be distracted by phones, people, computers or other outside things.
Keep your plans visible, to make sure you will work on them consistently.